A lot of people have new years resolutions for 2009. Setting goals is better name in my opinion. A few of my goals are in different categories like sports, work or are related to this website. I will focus in this post on the windsurfing goals.
Since June 2007 I am actively involved with GPS windsurfing. I really enjoy windsurfing with a GPS despite I don’t own windsurfing equipment made for speedsurfing. Windsurfing with an GPS device will give you insight in your windsurfing accomplishments. You can learn for example:
- if your board speed was right
- The effect of small changes in your windsurfing equipment and stance
- If you were on the correct course with the correct angle
- By uploading your results on gps-speedsurfing.com, you can compare them to other windsurfers that day
Windsurfing goals for 2009
The following goals I will try to accomplish with the help of a GPS device and the learning points I described above.
- Upload at least 16 windsurfing sessions. Last years I was windsurfing without GPS are did not always upload the session. That’s valuable information lost! In total I uploaded 12 sessions. By being more on the water this year I will also have more sessions to upload.
- More knowledge of my windsurfing equipment. With more knowledge about the equipment, I hope to get the full potential out of the board and sail.
- Buy material focussed on high winds. Currently I am windsurfing on a Starboard Hypersonic 105 from 2003. Which is a great board but the board is more focused on mid winds instead of high winds. With a board designed for high winds it will be easier to get higher speeds.
- Sharpen my personal records (PR). By combining all the above described points I hope to reach higher speeds. See here my current PRs in knots.
|Max. GPS (display)||32.83||35.6|
|Max. 2 sec. (software)||30.72||34.6|
|Max. 10 sec. run||30,02||32.9|
|100 m run||29.97||33.1|
|250 m run||29.59||32.4|
|500 m run||28.02||31.3|
What are your goals for 2009? Leave your goals in the comments!